Blur a picture can add powerful visual effects for creatives. A well-blurred portrait background can bring focus to a subject, and when you need to virtually “clean up” a photo with a messy background, you can try to blur out part of a picture.
Luckily, blurring the background or unwanted elements can be an easy fix to make your photos look more professional. In this article, we’ll teach you how to quickly and easily blur a picture with the best blur photo app - YouCam Perfect, for free on your iPhone or Android devices.
How to Blur a Photo on iPhone & Android for Free
Blurring a picture can be an easy way to make your photos look more professional and polished. With YouCam Perfect, it's easy to get this effect for free on your iPhone or Android device. Follow the 5 easy steps to get started!
- Step 1. Download a Free Blur Photo App
- Step 2. Upload Your Photo
- Step 3. Blur Part of the Picture
- Step 4. Blur the Background of the Picture
- Step 5. Save the Photo
Step 1. Download a Free Blur Photo App
Download a free Blur photo app, YouCam Perfect, to start your photo editing journey. It’s available for either iOS or Android, you can easily download it for any device.
Step 2. Upload Your Photo
Once you’ve captured your photo, whether it’s a selfie, group picture, or landscape, open the Edit tab in YouCam Perfect. From here, head to Tools, and the Blur.
Step 3. Blur Part of the Picture
In the Blur effect, choose the shape of the outline you’d like to use to shape the blur effect. For example, the Circle shape creates a perfectly round centered shape, while the ellipse gives a long oval shape, ideal for full-length images or selfies.
Step 4. Blur the Background of the Picture
You can also choose to blur the whole background of the picture, by using the eraser to clean up the parts you'd like to show, like your portrait.
Step 5. Save the Photo
Once you’ve finalized the blur effect that best fits your style, accept the changes, and you’re ready to share your blurred photo!
Why YouCam Perfect Is the Best Blur Photo App
In professional photography, achieving this natural separation is done by adjusting the camera’s aperture setting. However, with the YouCam Perfect app, You can easily reshape the size of the outer edges of the effect by dragging the outer shape outline.
- By making the outer shape smaller, you can increase how quickly the from the center of the image the blur occurs.
- By making the outer shape larger, you can retain more of the image in focus and lessen the harshness of the blur.
Being able to adjust these details makes YouCam Perfect your best tool to blur the background or parts of the picture. Moreover, if you're out of cellphone storage, you can consider using YouCam Online Editor to make your photo edit as well!
Download YouCam Perfect: Best Free App to Blur a Photo on iPhone & Android
With YouCam Perfect, you can easily blur a photo. This app offers a range of blurring options, from subtle background blurring to customized bokeh effects. You can even use the Blur tool to make unwanted objects vanish from your photos. Ready to get started creating your blur pic? Download the YouCam Perfect app now!
Video Tutorial: How to Add Blur Effect to Photo
- Best Free App For All Background Blurring Needs
- How to Create Bokeh Effect in Photos
- How to Clean Up Pictures
- How to Remove Background From Picture
- How to Make a Poster from Pictures
How To Blur a Picture on iPhone FAQs
How Can I Blur a Picture for Free?
YouCam Perfect is the best app that can help you blur a picture for free in just a few easy steps. The blur tool in the app is free to use. It allows you to define your blur outline shape, blur size, and bokeh shape.
How Can I Blur the Background of a Photo?
- Step 1: Download the YouCam Perfect app.
- Step 2: Open the app and click Photo Edit.
- Step 3: Find the Blur tool in Tools.
- Step 4: Adjust the blur shape and then select the background you want to blur.
Which Tool Adds a Blur Effect to the Picture?
The Blur tool in YouCam Perfect can easily add the blur effect to the picture. You can even customize the effect shape by choosing from a variety of shapes, including a circle, star, heart, and more to edit in your own unique style!
Moreover, you can also add sparkle overlay to photos to create a shiny blurred bokeh background!
What Is the Best Photo Blur App?
Here are our top five best apps to blur photos on iPhone & Android:
- YouCam Perfect
- Blur Photo Effect Background
- Photo Un.blur, Camera Editor
- Blur Photo
How Do You Blur an Image?
Adding a blur effect on your iPhone or Android device is easy by using YouCam Perfect! Tap on the steps to quickly navigate to our tutorial in the article:
- Download a blur photo editor
- Choose a photo and navigate to the Blur tool
- Choose the blurred shape
- Adjust the blur size
- Find Your blur style
How Do You Blur Part of a Picture?
To blur part of a picture, you can follow these steps:
- Download the YouCam Perfect app for free.
- Open the photo in the app and select the "Blur" tool.
- Adjust the strength of the effect.
- Control the area you want to blur.
- Preview and save the edited photo.